- updated: 2/1/2023
My name is Jiefeng Sun and I am a postdoc with Prof. Rebecca Kramer-Bottiglio at Yale University. My research goal is to create robotic systems that can adapt to different environments through intelligent morphological change. Toward this goal, I leverage artificial muscles and artificial-muscle-driven robots and my work spans the fields of design, physics-based modeling, and control.
I obtained my Ph.D. degree from Colorado State University in Mechanical Engineering in Aug. 2022 under the supervision of Prof. Jianguo Zhao. I earned my B.S. and M.S. in Mechanical Engineering respectively from Lanzhou University of Technology Lanzhou in 2014 and Dalian University of Technology (DLUT) in 2017. Please find my CV here. Thanks!
- Artificial Muscle
- Soft Robotics
- Physics-based and Data-driven Modeling
- 1/27/2023 Our paper "Controlling the Shape of Soft Robots Using the Koopman Operator" is accepted by ACC 2023.
- 1/1/2023 I serve as a reviewer for 2022 GRFP in the field of mechanical engineering.
- 10/10/2022 I serve as an associate editor of ICRA 2023 in the field of soft robotics.
- 9/3/2022 Our paper using hydrophobic-coated soft robots to manipulate biofluid droplets is accepted by Materials Horizons! I am a co-first author with Dr. Wei Wang from University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
- 8/15/2022 I am glad to have a seminar talk at University of Louisville.
- 7/26/2022 I am glad to have a seminar talk at Yale University.
- 6/25/2022 I am selected as a DARPA riser (Class of 2022) to participate in the DARPA Forward conference.
- 5/31/2022 I successfully defended my PhD dissertation.
- 5/4/2022 One co-authored paper on aerial grasping and perching is accepted by T-mech.
- 4/25/2022 Selected as the Reviewer of the Year 2021 by Smart Materials and Structures Journal.
- 2/1/2022 One paper on modeling TCA-driven soft robots is accepted by ACC conference.
- 1/29/2022 One paper combining a suction cup and bistable mechanism for UAV perching onto a surface is accepted by ICRA conference.
- 09/01/2021 One paper on modeling Twisted-and-Coiled Actuators is published by Transactions on Robotics.
【Google Scholar】, 【Researchgate】, 【Linkdin】, 【YouTube Channels】
My blog ctegories
The blog contains my posts on my previous project summary (Robotics Modeling, Numerical Simulation, Artificial Muscle ect.).
Before my PhD study: here is a summary of projects.
- MATLAB (solving equations, deriving models)
- Python\C++ (numerical Implementation)
- LaTeX (preparing reports and papers)
- Adobe Illustrator (preparing figures), Photoshop\Lightroom (editing photos), Premiere(preparing videos)
- SolidWorks (creating designs)
- Abaqus for FEA simulation
- Photoview 360 (model rendering)
- Pelican (publishing webpages)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Wechat: sunsopher