My name is Jiefeng Sun (孙杰锋), a PhD student at Colorado State University in Mechanical Engineering since Aug, 2017 under the supervision of Prof. Zhao. My research focuses on design, modeling and control of soft robots and artificial muscles (high-energy-density small actuators). I was born in Xuchang, Henan, China and earned my B.S. and M.S. in Mechanical Engineering respectively from Lanzhou University of Technology Lanzhou in 2014 and Dalian University of Technology (DLUT) in 2017.
Artificial Muscle; Dynamics Modeling; Soft Robotics;
- Use artificial muslces (soft actuators) to actuate soft robots to achieve programmed motion.
- Implement rod models on modeling soft robots and artificial muslce
Scott Inaugural Graduate Fellowship, 2017
Finalist for the best student paper in IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS,2018)
- One paper is accepted by IROS. 07/01/2020
- One paper coauthored with Dr. Jie Yin's group is published by Science Advance. 05/2020.
- One paper is Accepted by Soft Robotics. 05/2020
- One conference paper is accepted by ICRA. 03/2020.
The blog contains my posts on my previous projects summary (Robotics Modeling, Numerical Simulation, Artificial Muscle ect.).
Email: J.Sun@colostate.edu, wechat: sunsopher